Below are just some ways you can harness the power of public relations to help grow your business or organisation — even in a recession!
They’re designed to increase your public profile and media presence, and drive word-of-mouth.
Word-of-mouth is considered to be the most effective form of communication because it’s from a third party (eg: a journalist writing in a paper or a recommendation from a friend) and is deemed highly credible; advertising, as it’s paid-for promotion, is widely thought to be the least effective.
Anyway, on with just a handful of PR Superstar’s suggestions:
* Stage a PR Stunt - help create a buzz about your business with innovative and eye-catching stunts, amazing media stories and on-street ambient marketing
* Write regular press releases - about newsworthy events and activities connected with your business; where there is no news, a PR specialist can ‘create’ it
* Boost community relations – sponsor a charity or worthwhile cause, and shout about this on both your own and their website, in company literature, in the media, and so on
* Call on influencer relations – stage a profile-raising press party for key journalists and business contacts to help them get to know you and your business, for example
* Place profile-raising editorial - most newspapers and magazines will be happy to run free editorial in the form of a competition or reader’s offer, if you fulfill their minimum prize value. The competition can promote a service and product and be a very cost-effective way of getting your business on to the pages of papers and magazines — and under readers’ noses!
To find out more about how PR Superstar can help grow your business or organisation, call Jill Kent on 020 8274 0807 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org